Garden Collection Recipes - "Recipe for All Seasons" Garden Collection
When designing our garden collections, we kept in mind their flavors and menu uses for all our beginner and experienced home chefs. We love that you have GIY'd with us (garden-it-yourself) and now it's time to put those herbs to use! Easy, quick, and beginner recipes are what we are always in search for!
Below are some of our favorite recipes by our lovely lil sis @thecooking_bee based in Jersey City, NJ. Recipes are sorted by garden collection.
Garden Collection: Recipe for All Seasons *Top Seller*
Homemade Italian Seasoning
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1. To dry herbs, cut healthy branches of herbs off plant. Remove any dry leaves or debris. Bundle and tie 4-6 branches together. Place bundle upside down in a paper bag with holes or just tie and hang in a warm, airy room for about 2 weeks.
2. After 2 weeks, herbs will easily crush when touched. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and store in an air-tight container.
1 whole chicken
1 lemon, sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2-3 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
2-3 thyme sprigs, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove giblets from inside of chicken's cavity. Rinse chicken with water and pat dry.
3. Add the lemon and garlic to the inside of the chicken cavity.
4. Brush the surface of the chicken with olive oil, rosemary, thyme and lemon juice.
5. Bake for 60 - 90 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.