Drying fresh herbs
After a long season of cooking your fresh herbs, if you choose not to freeze the remainder, drying them is the next best way to store them and they will still retain their flavor.
How to dry:
1. Cut the plant stalks and remove any dead or diseased leaves.
2. Shake for excess debris to fall off.
3. Tie bunches of no more than 5-6 stalks together of the same herb.
4. Place herbs upside down in a brown paper bag with holes.
5. Hang bag up in a warm airy room.
6. Check back in about 2 weeks!
Once herbs are fully dried you can cut the leaves and store in airtight containers for use.